Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Monday, May 27, 2013

SUBJECT: HEROES!!!!!!!

Today is Memorial Day.  

Today we honor the men and women who served in the Armed Forces of our nation; especially remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice.  Last night, as I watched the National Memorial Day Concert on the Mall in Washington, DC, tears came to my eyes (as they do each year) in thanksgiving and remembrance.

I don't know how many people actually follow this blog anymore; but if you do, please comment with the names of those whom you wish to honor on this day.

My partial list:


  • Charles Joseph Zampino; United States Army; World War II; wounded in action
  • Mildred Claire Zampino; United States Army; World War II
  • Philip Lon Fritts; United States Merchant Marines; KIA at sea, just before Pearl Harbor
  • Murphy Joseph Soirez; United States Army; immediately prior to Korea
  • Robert Marshall Aiken; United States Navy; killed while on active duty, in a civilian plane crash

Anyone else?

Blessings,

Papa Z.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home