Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Monday, September 21, 2009

SUBJECT: FOOD AND DRINK!!! AND LITERATURE!!!

Greetings to all my fellow hobbits!

Tomorrow is, as you know, the anniversary of the birthday of those most illustrious hobbits, Bilbo Baggins and his nephew Frodo Baggins! May you celebrate with food and drink with those you love, never forgetting to read the Account of the Eleventy First Birthday Party from the Red Book!

The Zampino hobbits of Delavan celebrated yesterday, as a dear friend has his birthday on the 22nd -- and his son and daughter-in-law could come yesterday.

We had:

Fresh bread with butter and cheese (really GOOD cheese!)

15 bean soup with ham

Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding

AND A MIGHTY DISH OF MUSHROOMS AND BACON!!!

My eldest daughter made fruit tarts (apple, cherry and blueberry) for dessert.

And there was Boddington's Pub Ale!

It was a most splendid occasion!

Blessings to all -- and may the hair on your toes never fall out!

Papa Z

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

Daughter-in-law??? Did I miss an announcement or something???

5:34 PM  
Blogger David Zampino said...

Nope -- it was the son and daughter-in-law of my dear friend! John Hinchey!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

Jay got married??!! Tell him congratulations from us :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger David Zampino said...

Yeah, he and Melanie will be celebrating their 3rd anniversary in December -- right about the time John's first grand-child is born!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Wow! I didn't realize he'd gotten married :) That's so sweet that they're expecting too :D They have a lot of catching up to do, don't they ;)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home