Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

SUBJECT: PRAYERS!!!

I have just received a report that John Holloway, the CEC bishop for Georgia, has suffered an extremely severe stroke. Frankly, from the report I have received, things look bad.

I would ask all readers of this blog to keep him and his family in your prayers.

Yes, there are many, many issues surrounding current and former CEC people, especially over the last 18 months or so. These issues may continue to exist -- and, in many cases, probably need to continue to exist.

BUT -- in an emergency situation, ALL involved -- regardless of denominational affiliation (or issues of violation and hurt -- as real as they may be) are called to come together and remember that we are all part of the Body of Christ.

My prayers are with John Holloway and with his family. I pray for his complete healing -- body, mind, soul, and spirit. I encourage all persons of good will to do likewise.

Papa Z

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home