Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

SUBJECT: SOCIETY!!!

Today is Veterans Day. On this day in 1918, at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month -- the guns went silent in Europe, bringing the Great War to a close.

Under President Eisenhower, this day, formerly called Armistice Day, in remembrance of the conclusion of the First World War, was formally changed to Veterans Day -- to honor ALL our Veterans -- Past, Present, and Future.

So here's a heartfelt "Thank-You" to all our fine men and women who have served, are serving, and will continue to serve our nation to keep us free.

Here's to:

The Army

The Navy

The Air Force

The Marine Corps

The Coast Guard

The Merchant Marine

Your sacrifices will never, NEVER, be forgotten.

God Bless AMERICA!!!

Papa Z.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger David Zampino said...

As a brief follow-up:

Earlier this morning, my grandmother, Mildred Claire Zampino, went home to God. She was a World War II veteran who served in the European Theater.

God bless the Greatest Generation.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home