Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SUBJECT: RELIGION!!!

Today, in 1978, we lost a holy man . . .

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2011/09/smile-of-god.html

Pope John Paul I -- whose cause for canonization is active -- died today after 33 days serving in the "Shoes of the Fisherman".

There are many in the Church who would like to co-opt the late Holy Father, or to suggest that he held views or opinions which he did not hold.

Regardless, Albino Luciani was a saintly man, a man of God.

Pope John Paul I, Pray for Us!


Blessings,

Papa Z.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home