Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Friday, November 11, 2011

SUBJECT: FREEDOM

Today is Veteran's Day.

There are some special veterans in my heart this day, and I suspect that my 6.2 readers have veterans special to them on their hearts as well. I'm about to head over to the parish school where four of my children are students, for the annual Veteran's Day assembly, put together each year by the 2nd grade teacher, himself a veteran of the Marine Corps. (Teaching 2nd grade! Isn't that great?)

One of my favorite Catholic blog sites is Whispers in the Loggia. There is a wonderful piece today entitled In Remembrance, and Gratitude. I commend it to my readers.

Thanks to all veterans, past and present, and God Bless America!

Blessings,

Papa Z.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home