Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Friday, August 29, 2008

SUBJECT: RELIGION!!!

Recently, I had the opportunity to hear a presentation given by the Rev. Tadeusz Pacholczyk, Ph.D. who is the Director of Education for the National Catholic Bioethics Center. In addition to being a priest, Fr. Tad (as he is most commonly known) is a neuroscientist of some note. The subject of the presentation was "Stem Cell Research in light of Humanae Vitae". In a roughly 75 minute presentation, Fr. Tad clearly and succintly explained the science involved, current research (and successful medical application) with regard to adult stem cells, and cut through the political "spin" so loudly promulgated by the media.

If you ever get the chance to hear Fr. Tad speak, by all means, do so!

Papa Z

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He lives! Father Tadeusz Pacholczyk is jut plain amazing.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Glad to see you're back to posting.

Sounds like great teaching. Do you have a link to anything?

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home