Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I am a convert to the Catholic Church after serving in ordained ministry for more than nine years in another denomination. I hold a bachelor's degree in history, a master's degree in historical theology, and another in systematic theology, and am currently working (very slowly) on my doctorate. I work in Christian Education and Formation and teach at the University level. I am blessed with a wonderful wife and eight great kids! When I'm not studying, reading, or blogging, I enjoy eating and drinking! Like Bilbo Baggins, I have been specializing in food for many years, and my table has a high reputation!

Sunday, December 02, 2012

SUBJECT: RELIGION!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!


No, your favorite correspondant is not mistaken!  Today is the Church New Year, being the First Sunday in Advent of the Year of Grace 2013!

Advent has always been a favorite time for me, celebrating the Coming of Christ as a babe in Bethlehem; celebrating the Coming of Christ in the Holy Eucharist; and celebrating that day when He shall come in glory to judge the living and the dead, and whose Kingdom shall have no end!  According to JRR Tolkien, "The Birth of Christ is the eucatastrophe of Man's history".  And as usual, Tolkien was correct!


Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.

Born Thy people to deliver,
Born a child and yet a King,
Born to reign in us forever,
Now Thy gracious kingdom bring.
By Thine own eternal Spirit
Rule in all our hearts alone;
By Thine all sufficient merit,
Raise us to Thy glorious throne.

Charles Wesley

Have a Blessed Year of Grace 2013!

Blessings,

Papa Z.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home